Try on a Shoe Poem


TRY IT ON
                       by Kaden Canales






             (If the above image resolutions are too weak, here is the same poem)
TRY IT ON by Kaden Canales

Tightening your shoe laces

Ready to go, walk, run, stand and climb.

Your shoe size may be big or small, but this pair fit just fine.





I wear running shoes, you wear flats, with pairs there is freedom to choose.

Those look good, sometimes comfort over price, when they feel right your feet can’t lose.





Old ones get thrown out, they are stained, frayed and torn,

No shoes are story-less, when written down - poetry is born.

.


Trying on a Poem:
When reading the prompt, I was asked to "try on a poem" and describe what it felt like. This was an idea that initially felt foreign and preposterous, but in discussion someone brought up the question of "Are all things Poetry?". The easy answer in my opinion is no, but then I was forced to think: Why wouldn't shoes be at least poetic? Bare with my train of thought, as I elaborate. Poems come in many forms, shapes, sizes, themes, and with many authors. Shoes likewise are of varying colors, numbered sizes, types and brands. A poem can be read, used, kept and hung as decoration, added to a collection or even thrown out or passed down. The same applies in each regard to shoes, which also are valued not only on how they make you feel, but how they can be applied in the users life, who they were made by, and who else around you likes them. Shoes and poems are meant to be shown off, and to be shared with those around you. With all of these points it can be said that there are many similarities, but what makes a shoe actually into a poem? When you take a personally written poem (about shoes) and tape them to your tennis shoes of course! While this experiment was performed, there  was little to no affect, except to make people stop and wonder what was fluttering on my feet. Therefore Poems and footwear can successfully be combined to add a edge to your daily style, or to share two of your favorite things with the world simultaneously.

(Extra credit to anyone who writes a poem on their shoe)


 

Comments

  1. That was a pretty cool way to attack the prompt. When I hear the phrase "try it on" the first thing that comes to mind is trying on a pair of shoes, so I think your poem really works. I also like how the beginning of your poem sounds pretty philosophical. Maybe a "you can do it" message. I also appreciate that you put your poem on shoes. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was cool that you actually put shoes in your blog post. I thought it was really creative. I also thought the decision to have the first letter of each line spell out "Try it On" to be a really interesting and thoughtful choice. In addition, the poem itself is great, it's short and sweet. Great Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really cool. I remember you talking about this in PE, and I can't believe you managed to make it look legit. I like the three different parts to the poem, and how each one tells its own story depending on the type of shoe. This was very creative. Great job Kaden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love your shoe poems! They're really creative and the poems superimposed on the shoes is really an unexpected sight. I don't think your interpretation was weird. It's a cool analogy for poetry and for me it works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a very creative idea, and it makes for cool art that's pretty simple to process. I like the idea of using acrostic poetry layered over pictures to use more senses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love this. Your comparison of shoes and poems is surprisingly thoughtful. It makes a lot of sense and shows how far poetry can reach. Putting the poems on the pictures of shoes here is a great design choice, especially instead of just writing poems about shoes without giving any visual context (which wouldn't be very exciting). Nice job exploring this topic in a light and funny way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As was said before, I agree that this is a creative way to interpret the prompt. I really like the idea that poetry exists in everything so I can completely see where you were coming from. Furthermore, the line about once something is written, it becomes poetry really resonated with me. I really liked this. Great job, Kaden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all of us agree that this is pretty awesome. I like how you not only wrote the poems but included them on the shoe. Additionally, it was pretty cool how the poems aligned to the style and price of the shoe that you put it on (specifically the line about the cost on the yeezy). Very fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how you wrote about shoes for "trying on a poem" since they are something that we all usually have on and as such we can all kind of relate. I thought that the idea that every shoe has a story was pretty neat as well. Cool post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your observation about shoes and poems both being made to show off to some extent. It really felt like it helped explain your choices in this post. Your comparison between different brand types having different moods associated with them which impact the poem you chose was also very cool. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a creative idea! Way to think outside of the box and really take the poetry solution to a new height. I'm glad that you decided to discuss the significance of what it means of "try on a poem" because I think that added a thorough touch to the entire piece. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked how you included visual images to your solution. It made the solution much more enriching and creative. Additionally, I really liked your explaination. It really shows how hard you worked in this problem, as well as the amount of creativity that was poured into the making of this solution. Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts